Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lace Fan #2 - in progress

Having finally finished the net for my second lacis fan I've stitched it into a temporary stretcher frame and begun working the pattern. I had to make another stretcher since this piece is larger than the last one. I'm including a picture for those who are curious about the process details. (I just bent some wire into approximately the right shape and stiched the net on with some waste thread.)



I'm using a period pattern but I graphed it onto a piece of graph paper for my reference while working so here is a picture of what I am going for...



Pretty, huh?

I have been trying to learn something new with each project I take on so this project I'm learning new stitches, and maybe I'll try making faux ivory in fimo for the stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment