Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hmmm...it's time to face facts!

Fact #1 - It's June. It's already JUNE! Since I need to have a working pavillion, I need to get my butt back in gear and finish the tent.

Fact #2 - I also need to finish quite a lot of stuff for the encampment, the folding table with its chains, the savonarola chairs, the chandeliers...

Fact #3 - Ditto the wardrobes for both Boen and I. Much needs to be done. So why oh why am I suddenly contemplating dong the lace for the collar and sleeves of my IRCC camicia in Punto en Aria? Really, WHY!

I'm starting to wander towards the conclusion that...

Fact(?) #4 - I might be crazy!

But oh the two inspiration patterns I found are *so* pretty...and all the local lace is dreck...and really, how much harder can it be than crochet?

(Such a silly, silly girl. Sad really.... (Walking away shaking head...) )

3 comments:

  1. Sounds perfectly rational to me. But then I AM crazy. I think its the whole, "well if I already went THIS far I may as well do X" snowball effect that comes from doing one thing in an extreme manner. The cording and applique is gorgeous and it just sort of fosters thinking about taking another step towards totally over the top fabulosity. The phenomena is my only explanation for my growing pile of accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needle lace is REALLY time consuming though, so you might have to wait to work on such a big project. I know I have a couple of things that I'm going to have to make after the deadline is past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love you, sister IRCC costuming addict!

    Thank you for your kind words, tacit support of all my insane projects, and reasonable plan for my lacemaking experiment.

    I suppose I *could* attach any-old-lace for now, and then work on needle lace after I'm all set for Pennsic. I might even still finish it before the IRCC deadline!

    ReplyDelete