Monday, March 5, 2012

Taking a break...

And working on things utterly non-medieval!


This weekend I've been working on two projects for my other life instead:

A needlepoint pillow for my Clarence's new office and a skirt for me.

The skirt is of Linen in a lovely wild pattern in white, black, dark grey, brown and pink. I've cut out the skirt and purchased some wide ribbon in a wonderful white and pink houndstooth for the hem facing. It's a real shame that the ribbon won't show more often but I think the surprise of the houndstooth will be amazing in the occasional flashes that will be seen as I move.

Lovely.















As to the pillow, it is only the second piece of needlepoint which I have ever undertaken but it's coming along well and super fast in comparison to the kit I made up for a stool cushion a decade or so ago. I'm making a giant ";" in black on a white background, perfect for Mr. C because, as he says, there is always more to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment