Sunday, July 8, 2012

IRCC 2 - Nearing the finish line with the loose gown

After cutting, trimming and hemming the 14 tabs for my shoulders I sorted them by width and separated them into two similar stacks of 7 tabs each. I decided to layer them so I made two off-set stacked strips, three-on-four, and pinned them together.



After setting them into the armeye and then setting in the sleeve I have this:



Rather nice, I think. :)

I may decide to attach some of the tabs together near the tips to control the shape they make but I want to give them a bit of time to find their own way. Now on to sewing in the other side!

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, and it's amazing how those two rows of trim look like one in a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm pretty amazed by the trim myself. Even in person I have to think my way through the loops of the pattern to recognize that it didn't start life as a single wide band. I'd reccomended the technique to anyone.

    But it is rather time consuming...

    :)

    ReplyDelete