Wednesday, August 7, 2013

IRCC3 - Sottana skirt is assembled!

I finally finished all the stiching and my skirt pieces are together. As you can see, I still need to figure out the shape of the train (and possibly piece in some more triangles to soften the curve, but I am happy to say that I like the look, there will still be enough at the waitline for gathering, and I think there is enough sweep at the bottom that I won't feel like I am wearing a column dress even though I only used 2 1/2 lengths of fabric. (OK> Techcnically it is 3 lengths and 2 1/2 breadths. I hope I didn't confuse you. :) )


The view from inside - You can see all the pieces, front panel, two triangles from the 1/4 width piece, one triangle which was removed from the back panel and flipped, back panel




A close up of the inside seams




The view from outside - Once again you can see all the pieces




A close up of the outside seams

No comments:

Post a Comment