Friday, March 4, 2011

Hmmm.....

The Plan















So I'd been thinking it would be nice to upload my sketchup version of the Pavilion so that people can see where I am going...of course it was at home and I was at work but I uploaded a draft version (too tall, not wide enough, etc) so that I could see if I can get it to work...

and...

Ooo! Success!

Then I went home and figured out how to capture an image of the project, as well as uploading the real deal into Google sketchup 3d. if you follow the link by clicking on the picture you can download my plan and tinker with it to your hearts content--though I warn you that I am still learing how to use sketchup and I tend to just keep adding planes until the thing looks right when I've gotten things a bit...off.

2 comments:

  1. I am ASTONISHED at all the hand work you are putting into your glorious creation. I can't comment on the historical authenticity and there's part of me to think that would even be peevish if I could - since your hand work is so obviously a labor of love. I know this will be beautiful when it is finished and I hope that the elements will be kind and your pavilion will give you years of faithful, weather tight service.
    ( I've got to confess, I feel like a SLUG for thinking about *painting* my own pavilion when I see all this handwork.)

    Best of luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you M'Lady!

    I confess to fears that the whole thing will explode in the Pennsic weather, or leak like a sieve, but I figure learning by doing is what my being in the SCA is all about.

    (And living surrounded by pretty things, of course.) ;)

    Best of luck on your project too, let's fill the world with ornamented pavilions!

    ReplyDelete