Friday, November 11, 2011

Um, help?

I'm having one of those days.

When I was looking for a pattern to work in lacis for my Idle Hands Challenge flag fan I kept seeing period patterns which I think may be for lacis partlets.

They were shaped vaguely like a diamond with the top tip cut off which left a flat top for the neck opening, slanted top sides for the shoulder seams, and a long point going down to the waistline in the back. (Or at least that is how I envision it working.) But now that I have formed the ambition to make such a partlet for my IRCC outfit can I find a pattern? Nope!

If any of my readers happens to recognize this description and knows where the patterns may be found I would really appreciate a hint. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. This one has stomacher type things on page 40 ish http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/books/og_lace.pdf Hadn't thought of them as partlets, but that'd be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! That is exactly the kind of thing I meant!

    I don't think I've seen these before (I'd swear the ones I found were actually graphed for lacis, whereas these seem more like punto in aria) but they are lovely!

    I counted up the squares and if I take it as a 1" graph they would make a partlet 20" wide at the shoulder points and 17" long...sounds good to me. I think I'm gonna go for it!

    Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On further reflection I think this is *exactly* the book I wanted. In my head there was also a pattern with two figures but I think my silly mind just squished together the partlet-ish pictures with the figures...made it graphed for net lace cause I wanted it to be...Voila! A picture I can't find!

    I'm finishing up my second net-lace piece and then I am going to start graphing out a partlet to try. Probably the one with the flaming heart. ('Cause who doen't like a flaming heart?)

    Thanks again, Hastings, I owe you!

    ReplyDelete