Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Done at last!

OK, it's just step 1, but I'm done with the applique for the doorway.

Done! Done! DONE!!!!

(Thank goodness.)

And they came out rather nicely, don't you think?



















The completed applique on the four door panels

I needed a bit of inspiration to continue going forward, so I decided to lay the door way out on the floor for more pictures. Keep in mind that the *actual* tent will be 6 feet wider and 3 feet taller--and three dimensional--but here is a taste of ...











The front door of the Pavilion

and











The back door of the Pavilion

To keep up my tradition, here are detail shots of the last two elements:














AIR

(which you may notice got a small bit of trapunto) and














EARTH

As I said...Done! Done! DONE!!!!

Now on to the next stage of the plan...the Mottoe.

I've been cutting out the pattern pieces for the text and I've been slowly and reluctantly coming to the conclusion that maybe I should rethink the idea of applique for the mottoe. I'll make the final decision when I go shopping for materials this weekend, but at the moment I am leaning towards embroidery after all. (It's all the fiddly bits on the letters.) Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Totally brilliant really - and I have absolutely no stake in this enterprise, so my comments are completely unbiased in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, My Lord!

    It's always so nice to hear a glowing review from an independent and completely impartial source.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete