Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stage Two: Mottoe

As you may remember, the doorway panels are going to be attached to a 1' deep header. This band of blue-green will run the entire circumference of the tent (at 7' up) and Clarence and I have been searching for months for the proper mottoe to put on it. After much deliberation we have decided on:

INCEPTIS GRAVIBUS PLERUMQUE ET MAGNA PROFESSIS PURPUREUS LATE QUI SPLENDEAT UNUS ET ALTER ADSUITUR PANNUS

Which we understand translates as " In serious works and ones that promise great things, one or two purple patches are often stitched in, to glitter far and wide." (Horace 65-8 BC)

I love it.

I'm planning on doing each individual letter in applique (of course) because I just can't see myself taking on the project of embroidering all 29 +/- feet and finishing it before Pennsic...or this year...or ever!

***

I just need to finish up the applique work on AIR and EARTH before I can move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment