Saturday, April 7, 2012

IRCC 2 Planning. OK, I Admit It. I'm Weak.

Well, many of my 2nd IRCC gown choices have just been decided (by implication, at least) by my purchase of some fabric. Not quite as much as I'd like--there were only 4.75 yards available and I prefer to have 10 yards on hand when I start on a gown--but such stunning fabric that I just couldn't resist any longer!

I am going to make the best outfit I can based on this cloth:





In a way having such a scarcity of cloth feels authentic to me. I'm going to have to wait until it gets here to figure out how to make the best use of the fabric--I certainly don't have any to waste! And this may just be the outfit which makes me let go of my modern insistence on matching the pattern...I guess we'll see!

I have to admit that even the simplest of dresses would be amazing in this fabric.

(And it's mine! All MINE! Bwwahahahahaha!)

4 comments:

  1. It lured me!

    I've been watching it on e-bay for ages--thinking that some smaller girl would snap it up, but no--apparently it has been waiting for me.

    I hope I can do it justice 'cause I'm with you on the wow front and I'd hate to mess it up.

    I think I'll just be able to pull off a gown, but not sleeves. Do you think I should just go sleeveless? Would contrasting sleeves of solid cloth work?

    Hmmm.....I think I'm a wee bit scared of my fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. four and ahalf should be more than enough. period yardages often sound a bit excessive because they were much narrower widths, especially brocades

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reassurance. I wouldn't be so worried if It were a small pattern or if I were a small girl but since We are both *so* not small I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete