Saturday, April 21, 2012

IRCC II - The Question of the Moment

O.K.

As you can see, I've started working on the trim. I'm tilting the inner loops in groups of four and I think the new interaction and rhythmic spacing does just what I wanted in terms of unifying the two small band of trim into a single unit. And it also looks much less modern to my eyes

Both good things!

The question of the moment is, 'Should I go further?'

I could do so many things...tilting the outside loops also, stitching an additional pattern where the four loops meet, pearling or jeweling the trim at the intersections, or in the spaces I've created...

I've yet to commence the work on the frogs and buttons with which to close this puppy so I don't want to go crazy but as we know I'm a 'More is more!' kind of girl...

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Pearling it or beading it at the intersections would look gorgeous (says another more is more kinda girl,) but it also would take tons of time. You could always do it after the competition is over if you wanted to after seeing how it looks complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just finished altering all the current gold braid and I think I would prefer no never touch it again!

    I'm sure that feeling will wear off in a few days, however, and then I'll be back to pondering.

    Waiting until the end is a great suggestion!

    (I'm having fantasies of a complete outfit this year...and pearls...)

    ReplyDelete