Wednesday, April 11, 2012

IRCC II - The Prep Work Continues

Well, today I ordered linen for my camicia and the lining of my bodice and hem. It was quite nerve wracking to try and color-match the blue silk of my gown fabric when I haven't yet received it but I haven't the patience to wait...and one can always find a use for blue linen.

I've made a bit of progress on my ideas about my under layer too. It's all still in the speculative phase, of course, but I've been contemplating making a second attempt at the more fitted & gored style of camicia. Among other things I have been wondering if it would be possible to use the bust supportive techniques of the Gothic fitted dress in a low-necked camicia. Certainly my bust can use all the support it can get and it does seem like it might make a great combination with a supportive bodice and a partlet...

I hope to actually do some bust support experimenting this time around.

And I may have the beginnings of a workable idea for the embroidery!

No comments:

Post a Comment