Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Skirt Stage One

So, I loved the bugs but I never did like the leafy stripes so stage one was to cut off the borders, remove the stripes in the body of the fabric and reassemble the resulting bug filled strips into a length of cloth. I've now got a chunk of fabric which is about 30" wide by 4 yards long which I intend to cut into four pieces of equal length. (Matching the pattern of course. How could I not with a design as linear as this?)

I haven't figured out the pattern repeat yet, but I hope to have a small band of bugs left to use as applique for a coordinating top. No plans yet for the two leafy stripes I took from the body of the fabric....maybe I could make a purse or cover some shoes...but I plan to use the wider border for the hem facing of the skirt.














I love the new fabric! To me it is just as loud, but somehow darkly mysterious and definitely not as clownish. My Clarence said it is weird like me. How good is that!?!

It's going to look great on a summer night.

2 comments: